Super Duper Games Forum Index Super Duper Games
SDG Community Forums

Back to SDGBack to SDG   SDG WikiSDG Wiki   RSS FeedRSS Feed    DigestsDigests
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simultaneous Games

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkSteere
Designer
Designer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Simultaneous Games Reply with quote

GameTheory.net provides a definition of simultaneous games which should clear up any lingering doubts:

Simultaneous Game Definition

GameTheory.net was first referenced by Ralf as a presumably reliable resource for game theory information. Here is that reference again:

Perfect Information Game Definition

Ralf, can we shake hands and consider the issue of simultaneous games resolved? May I suggest revising your write up of 55Stones so as not to be misleading and contrary to the science of game theory?
Keith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

Are you offering to shake hands and then in the very next sentence attacking him?
MarkSteere
Designer
Designer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is that an attack? Ralf was obviously unaware of the pre-existing definition of "simultaneous game" and, now having been so informed, his write up would clearly benefit from an update.

Personally I welcome critiques of my recently released rule sheets, especially those correcting errors. If I viewed such comments as attacks, my rule sheets would be peppered with glaring errors.

If you ever intend to publish something, check your ego at the door. Criticism is a good thing.
Aaron
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what Mark is trying to say is that perhaps you could add a parenthetical statement or something in your rules that clarify your use of the word "simultaneous." Mark and I are not the only ones that have found it confusing. There are obviously different ways the word can be used and for the sake of clarity, a minor addition to the rules might be helpful. It's your game, so do what you will. It is only a friendly suggestion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
MarkSteere
Designer
Designer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Ralf (and Keith). Ralf, I've seen how you can dominate an entire forum. Like the poker player who controls the game with an endless supply of cash. Except you wield unlimited free time and rhetoric. I don't want to see that happen here.
MarkSteere
Designer
Designer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron, you're right too. But I'm more concerned about Ralf than Ralf's rule sheet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Duper Games Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: